Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Ramble?

The Rhododendron Ramble is on Sunday. It's a 60 km off road ride outside Parksville.
Apparently the guys did it last year and the weather was horrible and everything broke. It took them 8 hours and they hated it.
I want to do it this year. Do you think I could?
I don't want to do it by myself. I asked Amy if she would come and she said yes, but she didn't seem too sure, and usually she's the one talking everyone else into things (see posting on the cyclocross race). I asked Hilary and she said "Nooooo!", but she said the same when I said she should come to the cyclocross race in Victoria. Brian laughed when he heard Amy and I were going to do it. I don't think Sean will be very supportive.
Can I do it? It would be no problem if it was a reasonably flat 60 km - but I'm sure it's not. Rob (or Rod?) at Arrowsmith Nanaimo said there would be less climbing than last year, but that doesn't really mean anything.
I won't do it on my own. Will someone come with me (and Amy)? Please...

No comments: