Friday, September 19, 2008

I smell like a sheep

... and look like a traffic cone in this jersey. It's a bright orange Swobo wool jersey that's too big. But it's warm, but never too hot. But not at all wind-proof. That didn't matter, as there wasn't a breath of wind this evening. I didn't leave until about 9 pm and didn't go far. I rode south along the highway to the Cobble Hill Country Grocer, and turned left, rode through Cowichan Bay and along Tzouhalem Road. It wasn't very cold, but I'm glad I'd put arm warmers on. It seemed like a very easy ride. Jake feels a lot faster now that I've taken the front fender off. I guess it was dragging more than I thought. I felt strangely "glidey" today. I think when the fender was rattling and the brakes were juddering (and Jake was generally poorly after his encounter with the concrete barrier ... and he still needs attention, but more from neglect and wear and tear) I was more aware that I was riding a bike, whereas now he's a bit quieter I don't notice he's there so much.
Distance: 27.8 km
Time: 1:06

No comments: