Monday, November 3, 2008

They're all good rides

... aren't they? Well, nearly all - I've had one or two bad ones, but none I regret going on (note to self: write post about this).

I was going to title this post "Good Ride".
I went mountain biking with Julia and Patricia yesterday on "The Tzou". It was raining on and off all morning, and windy, but was really nice up on the mountain. Them trees really do provide shelter.
It started raining as soon as we got back to the "water tower" (which isn't there any more, Patricia). I rode along the trail that goes off from the far end of the parking lot (where Dead Balls ends up) to the Providence Farm trail. It's really cool riding along on a carpet of massive yellow leaves, but they cover up all the roots and rocks, so you've got no idea what you're riding on. The roots are getting slippery with this rain, as Julia demonstrated, and I got splattered up with mud. I started the ride with a jacket over my jersey, but soon took it off, and didn't get cold.

It was "Double Cross" this weekend. Trevor, Dave, Derek and Amy went, but I had to work Saturday, and had no way of getting up there on Sunday, so I'm a bit jelous of them, but I got a cool mountain ridfe instead, so there (is there a smiley for sticking out a tongue?)!

With Patricia and Julia:
Distance: 6.8 km, Time: 1:28

Down to Providence Farm:
Distance: 3.7 km, Time: 31 mins (took a wrong turn and had to walk down some steep slick rock covered in slimey leaves!)

No comments: