Saturday, February 28, 2009

Riding LAST Weekend

I've been meaning to write this post since last Sunday, but got a new camera this week, and have been messing around with it all week.
Last Saturday was a nice sunny day, so I obviously had non-outside stuff to do. I can't remember what - I guess I should have written this earlier. I went for a ride to Mill Bay in the late afternoon. I was going to ride down to the ferry terminal, and continue until the road meets the highway, but saw a "Beech Access" sign I haadn't seen before and spent a while taking photos. It soon started to get dark, so I came back the way I went.

Sunday was dull and rainy, the day of the first Experience Cycling Club ride.
It was a good fun though. We met at the parking lot at 10:30 and split into two groups:
Mike, Trevor, Kevin, and Dave and Alyssa from Victoria headed off on the south side of the mountain, while Tara, Kurt, Jamie, Roland and Jen (from Victoria), and me rode up the fire road. We rode up some Emma's Express and rode Why be a Roadie, and up the road to Field of Dreams, and straight to the top. Kurt led us down Rocky Ridge and Blueberry Pancakes to Chicken Run 1 and 2, then Fluid and Resurrection. At the very end of Resurrection there's a little jump with a bit of an upward-sloping landing. I landed a bit front-wheel-first, and rode home with a broken spoke and wobbly front wheel.
I really should have written this earlier - it would have been more interesting!

Pics here.

No comments: