Thursday, March 5, 2009

New Sticker!

I went mountain biking on Sunday. It was wet and rainy for most of the day, with sixty second patches of sun thrown in here and there. I rode to the top of the mountain up single track and fire roads, and then wound my way back down again.
Just as I rode out the bottom of the trails, Ted and his mum were walking Jasper The Dog back towards their house. Ted and I went for a short ride and did some nice floopy (that's flowy and swoopy) trails. Fluid was a bit slidey in (all) places which slowed us down a bit. It's funny how a trail can seem like a completely different one in different conditions.
Apparently, Ted had won tickets to a mountain biking movie show thingy. He gave me a sticker he'd picked up.I like stickers. I got home and looked at my bike, and wondered where to put it.
While considering the sticker, I grew to really like it. In a previous post I think I wrote about how I sometimes read a sentance that says in a few words what would take me the same number of paragraphs, well this sticker does this. No words, monochrome, two shapes, and it says more than my other stickers, and can also say many different things, depending on how you interpret it.
So it went on the headtube.

(though that could have just been me being lazy - there was the least mud to wipe off there).

I was going to put up a map, but it looks like my GPS turned itself off before I even mafe it to the trailhead. I think it keeps doing that because I shove it i a pocket and if I lean on it or something else squishes against it, it presses on the power button.

(Pics of the stunts for Aaron:)

No comments: