Friday, October 24, 2008

Tzouhalem at Night

Bad pictures (no tripod yet. Taken with light from my head light) at Flikr.
I went on my first mountain bike ride in the dark tonight. Well, that's not technically true, as on two occasions I've misjudged timing and ended up on the mountain when it was getting too dark to see.
Hilary and Amy picked me up, and we met Julia and Patricia at the water tower at 7:30. It wasn't a very long ride, but I definitely like riding at night. I expected to have trouble seeing stuff, or scrambling about with my bike "pointed" in the direction of the trail. It's not like that at all though. I could see the trail as well as I needed to. I thought it was quiet up there in the daytime, but it's nothing compared to night. The only thing disturbing the peacefulness was my front brake, squealing loudly (note to self: wash front brake, and if it still squeals take it to the bike shop).
We went up the fire road to the top of Toxic Tea Cup, came down it and Resurrection. We rode back up, and Hilary and Amy carried on up the fire road, while Patricia, Julia and I came down the same way again and then did Blue Balls.
Julia and Patricia went home, while Amy, Hilary and I went to Tim Horton's to laugh and chat about cow's eyeballs and similar topics until 11pm when we decided we should go home.
We have decided the mountain night ride should be a weekly thing, so if anyone wants to come along next Thursday, meet us at the water tower at 7:30pm.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Wow, how cool is that? Trail riding at night-awesome. Extremely cute dog too.