Saturday, October 25, 2008

Tripod-less Night Photos

I went out to get some milk at about 7:30 yesterday evening. I took my camera, and didn't get back until after 10 pm. And I forgot the milk.
I'm really looking forward to getting a tripod, as perching the camera on concrete bollards and bracing it against posts is not optimal. Having the camera at a fixed hight, and not being able to tilt at all make composition a challenge, and the camera still isn't stable enough for longer exposures. Click on photos to see them bigger.
This is where Jake and Fire Mountain get lo0cked up while I'm in work. Before it got cold and rainy there was usually a maroon and white Norco cruiser with rusty handlebars, and occasionally a Wal-mart "racing" bike with grip shifters ("Medalist" or something) sharing the rack, but he's usually alone now.
I got weird looks from the couple walking past as I took this one through a window:
I like the zig-zag pattern from the reflection off the car rims in this one:
See what I mean about composition?
I managed to get away with hand-holding this one. Shiney cars look cool at night.
Starbucks. I like the blurriness of the gentleman tipping his head back to get the last of his coffee.
Through the window of Burger King. I like the Starbucks reflection.
Self portraiture!
Lonely Jake again:I never notices the grasses before, and I used to ride past this twice daily when I worked at Sneakers.

No comments: