Monday, January 12, 2009

Rode to Cowichan Lake

... and back with Hilary on Sunday.

Hilary showed me some mini waterfalls that have appeared now the snow has finally decided to melt, and we stopped to take some pictures.






I wished I'd taken the tripod, but Hilary was pretty creative with chunks of wood she arranged as camera stands.

Cowichan Lake's a pretty small town and we thought we'd look like idiots going into the restaurant, with Hilary's wet crotch (from the waterfall, of course), and my hat with frozen water droplets in the pattern of my helmet vents, and both sweaty and covered in road grit, so we went to A&W.

I started on my onion rings and strawberry milkshake while Hilary undressed and used the surrounding furniture as clothes horses.


The ride back seemed to go quickly, but my legs were hurting on the first climb. We'd stopped for over an hour and my legs had gotten stiff, added to the fact I've not ridden in over a month (except to work and grocery getting, etc), and I was riding a mountain bike with big knobby tires, or at least they're the excuses.

1 comment:

Tuco said...

Wow - great photographs, living and cycling on Vancouver Island must be amazing. I'm in a snowbelt in Ontario where we're basically snowed in from early November to Aprilish.