Saturday, January 24, 2009

Broken Waffles?

I need a screen name.

I've been trying to come up with one for about 10 years now, and have never got anywhere.
Everything is already taken. I like the same use name for everything, as I'd never be able to remember them all, and I don't want something I'd have to be adding numbers to because someone else already used that name.

I think I've come up with the solution. Two (or more) random, unrelated words.
So, off I go to Google to find a random word generator, and end up with stuff like this:
CauliflowerBridges
CompelledSpoon
ButteryClone
ChargingNail
ImportantFluff
NumbHumans
RabidEngineering
BrokenWaffle
BlueInduction
FlatResolve

This wasn't working. I really liked "brokenwaffle", but (according to Google), so did quite a few other people.
So I went the "Word of the day" route:
abrogate, sui generis, exculpate, xeric, bifurcate, hebetude, undulant, frigorific, candor, lollygag, confabulation

FlatUndulant
ImportantLollygag
FluffyAbrogate
XericClone
BifurcatedCharge
ExculpatedWaffles?

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Rach said...

You've got two important interests close to you - biking and photography. Now I'm sure you know of a lot more technical names related to biking than I do, that you could add to the likes of shutter, aperture, fstop (with or without the hyphen) for example. They're not related words to a lot of people that hopefully you wouldn't have to add numbers to.

Perhaps you could pick five-ten terms related to both biking and photography and then mix and match until something says you?