Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tzouhalem on Saturday

Long weekend! Yay!
I'm just really dreading work on Tuesday.
Ted was over from Vancouver for the weekend, and wanted to go riding.
I went up the Tzou at about 3 pm, and he came up at about 6.
After admiring each other's new bikes (he bought a Hustler frame to replace the Stiffee), we rode up some singletrack, came down Little Dipper, Luc's Skywalker, Fluid, and Resurrection.
We rode a bit of woodwork. I fell off the same bridge three times, once onto Ted. It's just the up ramps that I can't do. I'm fine once on the ladders. I rode along the top and down, I just couldn't get up.
Here's Ted demonstrating the difficulty of the up ramp:
We ran into Crazy Doug at the top of Showtime/bottom of Cakewalk. I'd met him previously shuttling friends on Prevost. He gave us advise on routes down Prevost - cheers Doug.

I made Ted miss his mum's steak dinner. I don't think he was happy about that.

I took my GPS receiver, but I don't know what's wrong with it - it seems to only work when I turn it on!

Do you think I'm over doing it with the monochrome?
I'm kind of of the opinion that if colour isn't adding anything, then it's detracting.
I find contrast much more interesting. (click to enlarge)

No comments: