Sunday, August 9, 2009

Prevost on Monday

...with Ted.
(You can see the outline of Mt. Tzouhalem in the background)
After each watching seasons multiple times and studying Stevie Smith's section, Ted and I wanted to go and find some of the trails in the movie. So, with some directions from Doug in mind, and some muffins from Tim Horton's in backpacks, we headed up Prevost.
After several complaints from Ted ("This is definitely a shuttling mountain."), we decided not to ride to the top, but took the fire road across the mountain. We stopped to peer down Patchworks, and continued on until we came to what must be the DH race course.
As it hadn't rained in a long time, the trail was very dust and loose. There were a couple of steep sketchy bits that I didn't ride that I'm sure I could ride now I've seen them. There was one place where we had the choice of three trails, and we took the right (almost a u-turn) as it looked the least steep. We ended up on the same trail that we usually do if we take Graceland.
The whole trail was pretty ridable. I think there was only one bit Ted didn't ride, and pretty sure we could both ride it next time, especially after a bit of rain.

(skip forward to 5:04)

Total Distance: 24.6 km (from my place back to my place)
Total Time: 4:23

No comments: