Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Last Saturday

... I went to visit Hilary at the market and then rode to Mill Bay to take some pictures.

That's not your bike!Hilary insisted I take a photo of a lady's giant cabbage:This first video is a time lapse I made at the market on Ingram Street:

This is a "tour" of part of the market. I attached the camera to the top tube of my bike with a GorillaPod.

At Mill Bay I tried some long exposures. I can't find a ten stop ND filter (77 mm) that can be had for under $150 (!), so these were improvised with ND8 and 720 nm IR filters stacked, but best I could get (and this is on a cloudy day) was one minute. I really want at least four to get the clouds blurry, probably more.
This was the first setup:
It was inevitable:
A steel frame full of salt water. It had needed a good clean for months. I guess that was the final nudge.

More pics coming...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.