Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's


I don't like Valentine's day.
Insert "Created by Hallmark", and all that "bar, humbug" stuff here.
But I've finally finished the present* for Mum's birthday (which was in November), and after taking pictures and messing around with my home-made extension tube, the thumbnail of this one popped out at me in Bridge.
I would never make anything in pink or purple, or anything with hearts on. These are just purple with multi-coloured "blips", honest. I didn't mean them to look girly.
I can't put up any other pics until Mum gets them.

* I've noticed that here (North America) everyone uses the word "gift", whereas I've always called it a "present". It seems strange, when it doesn't have anything to do with the time between the past and future. But don't you love the internet:
–noun pres⋅ent
16. a thing presented as a gift; gift: Christmas presents.
That makes more sense.

No comments: